NIRS EEG package
Measure simultaneously electrical potentials in brain tissue and changes in brain tissue oxygenation and blood volume
The combination of EEG and NIRS offers complementary information about brain function, giving you the ability to measure both neural and hemodynamic activity simultaneously. Our new NIRS-EEG packages are ideal for multimodal research; we provide full head coverage and all data is integrated and synchronized within our proprietary recording software, Oxysoft. This enables you to conveniently measure EEG and NIRS with automatic event synchronization. Oxysoft is able to analyse your data or export it to a wide variety of toolboxes (e.g. HOMER2, NIRS-SPM). We can even provide setups for mobile NIRS-EEG, opening up the possibility to measure NIRS-EEG while the subject is moving freely. Our unique optode and electrode holders can measure both NIRS and EEG on the same spot. The NIRS-EEG packages were developed in close cooperation with TMSi. Please contact us so we can provide you with an optimal system for your experiments.
- Combined EEG/NIRS headcap.
- No interference with the EEG signal.
- Combine the OxyMon, PortaLite or OctaMon with an EEG system.
- Measure EEG and NIRS at the same spot.
- Mobile setups available.
- Superior EEG and NIRS data quality.
NIRS EEG References
- Muthalib M, Anwar AR, Perrey S, Dat M, Galka A, Wolff S, Heute U, Deuschl G, Raethjen J, Muthuraman M. Multimodal integration of fNIRS, fMRI and EEG neuroimaging. Clin Neurophysiol. 2013 May 3. pii: S1388-2457(13)00260-5.
- Abeln V, Schneider S, Knicker A, Schiffer T, Hollmann W, Strüder HK. Electrocortical and Hemodynamic Changes within the Brain during Incremental Bicycle Exercise in Normoxia and Hypoxia—A Combined EEG/NIRS Study. Journal of Sports Science 3 (2015) 105-116
- Blokland Y, Spyrou L, Thijssen D, Eijsvogels T, Colier W, Floor-Westerdijk M, Vlek R, Bruhn J, Farquhar J. Combined EEG-fNIRS decoding of motor attempt and imagery for brain switch control: an offline study in patients with tetraplegia. DOI 10.1109/TNSRE.2013.2292995, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering.
Artinis NIRS products are intended to be used for research applications only. Our products are not sold as Medical Device as defined in EU directive 93/42/EEC. Our products are not designed or intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of disease.