Measures oxy-, deoxy- and total hemoglobin in muscle tissue.
- Enabling you to get insight in local oxygen consumption,
blood volume and blood flow.
- Wireless NIRS device
- Bluetooth connection (up to 150 meters)
- On board data collection (50 hours)
- Superior analysis software, Oxysoft
- Sport science/rehabilitation
- Possible to combine multiple devices
NIRS made easy
The PortaMon is the only wearable, wireless NIRS unit on the market especially designed for muscle research. It uses a Bluetooth connection, which even enables you to record online while the subject is on a running track. For larger distances the PortaMon can also store its data inside, ready for downloading afterwards.
The PortaMon is mainly used for sports science (Buchheit 2011, Hesford 2012, Jones 2013) but could also be used for other areas such as rehabilitation (Wang 2012*, Gayda 2014*), mitochondrial function (Ryan 2012*) and even for urology research (Macnab 2008). All publications with the PortaMon can be found on our publications page.
The PortaMon offers the same possibilities that the larger NIRS devices give you. Next to the standard concentration changes of oxy-, deoxy- and total hemoglobin, this device also provides a value of tissue saturation: the percentage of oxygenated hemoglobin. The PortaMon uses a Bluetooth connection, which even enables you to record online while the subject is, eg. running on a track. For larger distances the PortaMon can also store its data internally, ready to be downloading afterwards. A third possibility is to store data in our purpose-build Android app.
The near infrared spectroscopy technique
- Virtually no setup time
- Insert online and offline events.
- From 1Hz up to 10Hz sampling rate
- Built-in accelerometer available
- 1 channel to measure absolute oxygenated hemoglobin percentage,
3 channels to measure relative concentrations.
- Light emitting diodes: 3x2 wavelengths
- Wavelengths standard nominal 760 and 850 nm
- Photodiode with integrated ambient light protection
- Bluetooth connection (up to 150 meters) for online measurements
- Up to 8 hours with one interchangeable and rechargeable battery
how it works
Optical oximetry, and near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) in particular, is a tool for assessing of the oxygenation status and hemodynamics of various organs, e.g. muscle and brain non-invasively. It relies mainly on two characteristics of human tissue. Firstly, the relative transparency of tissue for light in the NIR range, and secondly on the oxygenation dependent light absorbance of hemoglobin. Read more >
Real-Time Processing of NIRS Data
All of our devices are bundled with Oxysoft. Oxysoft is our dedicated software application used to collect, store, view, and analyse all necessary data from the OxyMon. This user-friendly software is developed by Artinis and highly customisable to individual requirements. Oxysoft provides in real-time the calculation of oxy-, deoxy-, total hemoglobine and TSI.
PortaMon research package
Designed, produced and manufactured in The Netherlands, EU.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- 1x PortaMon
- 1x Laptop with pre-installed software
- 1x strong and sturdy (micro) Pelicase
- 1x License key
- 1x Bluetooth dongel
- Oxysoft, data analysis software
- Batteries and charger
- Stickers and bandages
- Sleeves and dark cloth
- User Guide