Our portable, user-friendly and comfortable fNIRS system
- Truly portable and covering e.g. the prefrontal cortex, motor cortex, or visual cortex.
- Measures oxy-, deoxy-, and total hemoglobin concentration changes.
- Can be combined with other techniques such as EEG and tCDS.
- Integrated 9-axis orientation sensor.
- Easy analysis of your data with our superior analysis software; Oxysoft.
- Bluetooth connection or offline recording with high sample rate.
fNIRS made easy
The Brite is a user-friendly, plug-and-play NIRS device with almost no set-up time. It works with multi-wavelengths LED’s, giving you continuous and real-time feedback in our data analysis software that is delivered with the system. It has a sample rate of 50+ Hertz.
With the Brite system, you can make different templates, for example, 23 channels to cover the frontal cortex, 2x12 channels on the motor cortex, or 27 channels on the visual cortex. Short distance reference channels are also possible.
The soft neoprene head-cap and the portability of the system make monitoring the brain oxygenation status of elderly, children and vulnerable patients especially comfortable and easy. Hyperscanning (monitor multiple subjects at the same time) can easily be done because our software makes it possible to combine different Brites, or even one of our other NIRS devices within one data stream.
Subjects are even able to perform physical activities like walking and running while the device is connected with a long-ranged antenna Bluetooth to the laptop. The Brite has an integrated 9-axis movement sensor. It perfectly complements with our other portable NIRS devices e.g. for measuring muscle oxygenation. This makes it the most suitable fNIRS device for athletes currently on the market.
The near infrared spectroscopy technique
how it works
Optical oximetry and near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) in particular is a tool for assessing the oxygenation status and hemodynamics of various organs, e.g. muscle and brain non-invasively. It relies on mainly two characteristics of human tissue. Firstly, the relative transparency of tissue for light in the NIR range, and secondly on the oxygenation dependent light absorbance of hemoglobin. Read more >
Real-time processing of fNIRS data in 3D
All of our devices are bundled with Oxysoft. Oxysoft is our dedicated software application used to collect, store, view, and analyze all necessary data. This user-friendly software is developed by Artinis and highly customizable to individual requirements. Oxysoft provides in real-time the calculation of oxy-, deoxy-, total hemoglobin and TSI.
Brite research package
Designed, produced and manufactured in The Netherlands, EU.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- The Brite 23/24/27 incl. headband
- Laptop with pre-installed software
- Oxysoft, our proprietary data analysis software
- Oxysoft license key
- USB Bluetooth dongle
- Universal micro-USB cable
- Battery charger
- Pelicase packaging, ideal for heavy-duty fieldwork
- User Manual
- Support in setting up your research